Friday, August 25, 2006

Loud Celtic Bad Boys

Life had changed somewhat for me in the past several months.  It used to be that I could count on an weekend of fun and games with three of my friends here at Humboldt State.  But alas, two of the above friends have fallen in love and a third seems to be a little unhappy about the whole situation and so I think that our little group has disintegrated, all though I am trying to maintain ties with everyone.  Tonight, I was prepared to spend the night alone when I found something really cool.  I was heading back to my room with a couple of bottles of Soda when I noticed a group of people with instruments out on the lawn, in front of my dorm.  There were two bagpipers, two fiddlers, a concertina player, and dude with a ukulele.  Of course, I ran for my accordion and we spent a couple of hours out on the lawn there playing Celtic music.  We gathered a pretty good sized crowd for a little while.  The pipers played in B flat and E flat, which are also good for the accordion.

Unfortunately, there was a bit of a decibel imbalance.  The accordion is louder than the fiddles and, of course, the bagpipes blew EVERYONE out of the water.  But we still made some great music.  One of the pipers also plays the recorder.  He and I played together a little bit, but eventually we all fell apart, and I came up here to chill out.

I hope to hook up with these guys again because I love this music and I love playing my accordion.  Unfortunately, I think my accordion may need a trip to the shop soon to get tuned. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home